25 Things To Do For Spring Break in Squamish
Spring in Squamish is all about taking a break to reset, recharge and get out there to sample new sights, new flavours and new adventures. We've put a spring twist on our list of 25 things to do this season in and around Squamish.
1. Catch your lunch! Murrin Park’s Browning Lake is both easily accessible and stocked annually with approximately 4,000 Rainbow Trout. Fishing for the first time? Get some pointers from the pros at Valley Fishing Guides.
2. Take a ride on the Dinosaur Train, on from March 20 to 25 at West Coast Railway Heritage Park (Tickets: $27).
3. Book a staycation! Save up to 25% with the Executive Suites Hotel & Resort Spring Escape Special and receive bonus discounts on Sea to Sky Gondola passes and adventure tours.
4. Visit Shannon Falls, BC’s third tallest falls and a favourite local picnic spot.
5. Take the family for all-you-can-eat pasta, every Friday night at the Squamish Valley Golf & Country Club. Adults eat for just $13.99 and kids pay according to their age up to age 12. (For example, a 4 year old eats for $4.99).
7. Stock up on fresh produce and locally made goods at the Squamish Winter Farmers’ Market. The next market takes place on Saturday March 21 at Squamish Elementary School, 38370 Buckley Avenue.
8. Scour the shorelines for driftwood, rocks and other ocean treasures at Nexen Beach.
9. Travel like it’s 1914 at the historic Britannia Mine Museum where visitors can pan for gold and sit on the original throne used in the Copper Queen pageant.
12. Pack a Porteau Cove picnic. While you’re there, scout out your favourite campsites as it’s one of the best spots for waterfront camping.
13. Learn about our local ecosystems at the Squamish River Estuary.
14. Stock up on everything you need for your next spring adventure! Valhalla Pure Outfitters is your one-stop-shop for clothing, equipment, maps and gear rentals.
15. Rent a movie for the kids and book a Date Night for yourselves! Here are 5 Squamish date night ideas.
16. Book a tee time at Furry Creek Golf Course, now open for the season.
17. Spend the morning or afternoon at On The Farm Country Market where you’ll find everything you need for spring gardening, a playground and toy shop for the kids, sweet treats and really good coffee.
18. Take a trip to Stan Clarke Park, one of our favourite places to picnic and play, located on Second Avenue between Victoria and Main Street.
19. Practice your tricks at our local BMX track.
20. Take Sunday morning off. Head to Sunwolf's Fergie’s Cafe for coffee and bennies galore.
22. Break for gelato at Caffe Garibaldi, located inside the Squamish Adventure Centre.
23. Try Glow in the Dark Skating! The special skate takes place Sunday March 29, from 5:30-7:30pm at Brennan Park. Be sure to check out their ice rink schedule for other public skate times throughout spring break.
24. Get an even better look at the entire Sea to Sky region from above with Glacier Air whose flight tours offer a bird's eye view of our local paradise.25. #exploresquamish from Smoke Bluffs Park and check out all of the rock climbers taking advantage of our giant playground.